Polygon Technology introduces Polygon Avail to Web 3
Take Away points
- Polygon Technology introduces polygon Avail to the world
- The Polygon Avail is the new data availability Blockchain designed to make Blockchains more scalable
- It helps to remove the gas fees needed for post-transaction data in Ethereum
The Introduction of Polygon Avail
Polygon Avail was introduced as the new data availability blockchain, designed to make web 3 more scalable. Avail helps users to change how they operate in blockchain, bringing the future of Web3 “modular” where data availability, execution, and settlement are divided into separate layers.
“Avail aims to facilitate a complete change in how we approach the design of blockchain systems. Avail enables modular chain design where various execution environments can use Avail for data ordering and availability. Avail is agnostic to the execution layer, which can be the standalone chains or off-chain scaling solutions that use Avail. The applications hosted on these execution layers enjoy the full security of Avail.” Reports the official avail page.
Why Polygon Avail was introduced
Before the introduction of Polygon Avail, blockchains multitasked. They do so many works like:
- Reaches an agreement on a transaction (tx), then order and ensure that transactions are available for verification ( Data Availability)
- Run transactions and determine state changes (Execution)
- Final verification and judgment (Settlement)
With the introduction of Avail, works are divided. Allowing other blockchains to perform their function, makes them focus on doing what they do best. It is especially for rollups, now rollups see 100x improvements in scalability, They don’t have to store their data on Ethereum anymore, instead, they will store the data on Polygon Avail, it saves cost by getting rid of the gas fees needed for post-transaction data to Ethereum.